Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Please Support my Hike for a Cure!

I have been on one backpacking trip in my life -- that was this past September with my hike leader, Jon. We did a 2-day (1 night) trip to Shenandoah National Park. It rained pretty steadily for most of the hike, but we still had a great time. It inspired me to take on this challenge of a 3-day (2-night) backpacking trip as my next fundraising event.

This year’s event is a little different from years past. Not only are we targeting a local destination, but we are funding our own trip (including food and gear). The local chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society has decided to restructure the hike program, so we will not be “Hike for Discovery” anymore. Instead, a loyal group of hike alumni and adventurous newcomers, known as “The Trailblazers,” will be hiking on our own to benefit LLS. The best part is that because we have no overhead or admin expenses, 100% of every dollar you donate will go to benefit this terrific cause!

My goal is to raise $6,000 for this event, but I need your help. You can make a tax-deductible donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society one of three ways:

1) Make a donation online at the Trailblazers’ group donation page. Be sure to email me after you have donated so that I can track your donation and thank you properly.

http://nca.lls.llsevent.org/pledge/index.cfm?mid=TRAILBLAZERS

2) Write a check, payable to "The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society" and send it to my home address.

3) Give me cash or a check the next time you see me.


Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks in advance for all of your support!


No comments: