Sunday, August 12, 2007

Training Hike #7

This week's group hike was to Sugarloaf Mountain in Maryland. I, however, managed to miss it -- but for good reason. I attended my friend Kristin's wedding back home in Warrenton on Saturday. As all weddings should be, this one was a celebration of love, happiness and friendship. I've never seen my friend so happy, and I wish her all the joy in the world.

I have to give a special shout-out here to Kristin and her new husband, Bruce. In lieu of giving party favors to guests at their reception, they decided to make donations to a couple of charities. My hike was one of the two they chose. Thank you so much!!

Next weekend's training hike is the Bull Run-Occoquan trail in Fairfax County. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for overcast skies and low humidity. (Is that too much to ask in August...?)

No comments: