Monday, July 23, 2007

Training Hike #4 - Harpers Ferry

This week's hike took us to scenic Harpers Ferry, West Virginia. We had been warned that this was a really steep trail, but at least it was shaded and not nearly as hot as last weekend. It was actually a beautiful day for a hike.

I volunteered to be the "sweeper" this week, which means I got to stay at the back of the hike group and make sure that everyone made it off the trail safely. I hiked with two lovely ladies who kept me entertained the whole way up and down the trail, talking about our families and our reasons for doing this fundraiser.

We made it up to the cliffs overlooking the town of Harpers Ferry, the C & O Canal and the Potomac River where I snapped a few photos.


The trek back down was not quite as challenging, but definitely harder on the knees. We finished the hike in about 2.5 hours and joined the rest of the hike group for lunch at the Armory Pub in town.

To check out more photos, click here.

No comments: