Sunday, July 15, 2007

Training Hike #3 - Billy Goat Trail

I woke up at 5am to get ready for our training hike on the Billy Goat Trail in Great Falls, MD. Did I mention that I am not a morning person? Nevertheless, I made it to the park on time - I set multiple alarms the night before - and was able to lead the hike.

It was really foggy when we first set out, and the rocks on the trail were still wet from the rainstorm the night before. I wasn't too worried about slipping until we got to the steep rock face. Fortunately, there were a couple of guys in my hike group who helped me up and down some of the more technical parts of the rock scrambles. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, but one of my teammates took some pics. Here's a picture of us climbing up the steep part:


Despite the crazy humidity, it was a terrific hike. We finished it in about 2 hours, and left before it got really crowded.

1 comment:

Ramune said...

Good luck in all your training and on the final hike!