Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I Made My Fundraising Goal!!

Today I received the donation that put me over my fundraising goal of $7,000!! I'm so excited (and relieved) that I made it before I left for the Grand Canyon. I cannot express how grateful I am to all of my wonderful donors who made this possible. It just goes to show that all of the donations, large or small, do add up and can make a difference.

Some statistics (in case you are curious):

Funds raised to date: $7,017
Total number of donors: 90
Average donation: $77.97
% of donations made online: 91%
Average online donation: $80.03

Where does this money go? It goes to fund outstanding scientists at the forefront of blood-related cancer research at centers throughout the world. It supports projects in private sector companies that have potential therapies that are not being pursued, either for lack of resources or the perception that the blood cancer market may be too small to provide adequate return on investment. It allows the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to advocate public policy positions that accelerate progress toward cures for leukemia, Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma. It provides support to newly diagnosed patients and their families. Your donation helps save lives.

So thank you, again, from the bottom of my heart, for your friendship and your support. I couldn't do it without you!

No comments: