Sunday, September 23, 2007

Last Training Hike - Back to the Billy Goat Trail

What a beautiful day for a hike! Finally, a day that didn't reach 90 degrees by noon...

I missed the group hike at White Oak Canyon last week because I was in Austin, TX attending the Austin City Limits music festival. I wasn't completely lazy, though. The place where we stayed was about 2 miles from the festival site, so we walked there and back each day, not to mention walking between stages all day long in the hot sun. It wasn't "training" but it definitely helped.

I did want to get in one more training hike before I leave for the Grand Canyon on Thursday. My friend, Jeanne, kept me company on this short (2.5-hour) hike on the Billy Goat Trail at Great Falls. It was a great day for a hike (and we didn't have to start before 9am!) and there weren't many people on the trail. We saw all kinds of fish and turtles in the canal, as well as an enormous blue heron that flew by us and landed on the bank opposite us. Here's a picture of the two of us at the end of the hike:


Thanks, Jeanne, for coming hiking with me!

To see more pictures, click here.

No comments: