Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Fundraising Update - Over $5,000!

Today I received a donation that put my fundraising over the $5,000 mark! Thank you, thank you to all of my wonderful donors who have contributed so generously to my hike, particularly those who continue to sponsor me year after year. Your support means so much to me, and I couldn’t do these events and raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society without you. Some statistics, for those who like statistics:

Funds raised to date: $5,180
Total number of donors: 50
Average donation: $103.60
% of donations made online: 88%
Average online donation: $102.95

I also received some exciting news last night – our team of 23 people who will be hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park this weekend has raised over $140,000 this season! This is absolutely incredible. We are hoping to raise at least $150,000 by the end of June. The deadline for donations has been extended to June 20th. If you haven’t already made a donation, but still want to contribute, there is still time!

My online fundraising site is:
http://www.active.com/donate/hfdnca04/mayalarson

Or you can send me a check in the mail to my home address.

I leave for Estes Park, Colorado on Saturday. I don’t know if I’ll have access to email while I’m there, but I hope to send out a note when I finish my hike. Wish me luck!

No comments: